READ THIS BEFORE GETTING PERMANENT EYELASH
Everything in life has two sides, so do eyelash extensions. The lash industry has exploded in the past couple of years. There are more lash artists, more lash brands, and more lash products on the market. We have heard a lot of compliments and positive thoughts about eyelash extensions. It’s also necessary to acknowledge the downsides of eyelash extensions so that each lady can make a decision about whether lash extensions are right for her, and have proper preparation and aftercare, as well as not to be surprised so much while going for this worth-to-try beauty trend. The technicians in nail salons rarely inform their customers of the advantages and disadvantages of eyelash extensions, they just tend to praise how amazing lash extensions are. That is the reason why we have this article. Let’s spill all the beans on lash extensions — the good, and the bad! Keep scrolling down and you can learn of the negatives of eyelash extensions beside the benefits of getting this popular service among so many good services on a salon menu. In case you don’t know, Modern Nail Spa | nail salon Glendora is offering eyelash procedures at good prices.
EYELASH EXTENSION PROS
Before understanding clearly what are the side effects of eyelash extension procedures at a beauty salon, take a quick look at some great things that lash extensions can do for you. Below are the benefits of eyelash extensions, according to the expert and those who have tried this trendy technique.
- Your lashes aren’t naturally long and curly. Eyelash extensions can glam-up your face without you having to lift a finger.
- Your makeup routine is cut in half. Lash extensions alleviate the need for wearing fake eyelashes, curling lashes, applying mascara, or wearing eye makeup altogether.
- First thing in the morning to be expected after getting lashes done? Glamourous right at the moment you’re waking up! After a long day of travel? Still looking good! After a long workout? Crushing it.
- Extensions take mascara smudges, clumps, and flakes totally out of the equation.
- With the growing interest in extensions, the process of application had become so advanced, the look is now completely customizable. You can choose the length, type of curl, and thickness of the extensions you want.
Because of these good points, it’s no surprise that lash extensions have become increasingly famous in recent years.
EYELASH EXTENSION CONS
Get to the point now! What are the risks of lash extensions? You should know about those bad points before making the decision. Being informed is important, so keep reading! We’ve asked a lot of lash technicians in professional nail salons, as well as searched through the internet. Even though permanent lashes—if done by a skillful stylist—are generally low-risk, some risks are still there. Following are some side effects of getting a permanent eyelash enhancement procedure.
- The main hidden dangers associated with lash enhancement are: swelling, infection of the eyelid, stinging and burning in the eye, and rash.
- If you experience any burning or discomfort during the procedure, causing your eyes to tear or making you cry, this is a huge red flag and you should certainly speak up.
- Depending on the lash tech, sometimes the application process did hurt. Not extremely painful, but more like a few tugs here and there.
- With the lashes in place, it’s difficult to clean around the eyes, allowing bacteria to build up under the glue and on the lashes themselves when worn for an extended period of time.
- You may experience an allergic reaction to extension materials or chemicals used in the glue adhesive.
- Wearing lashes too long or too thick can cause stress to the hair follicle, which makes your natural lashes fall out prematurely.
- Extensions are a luxury service that do require maintenance. It’s a financial decision you have to be ready to make. An eyelash extension treatment and several refills cost you a lot. Depending on where you go your initial full set can cost anywhere from $80-$300. Also, getting a refill every month is super time-consuming.
- You’ll realize how often you rub your eyes, or how aggressively you wipe your face with the towel after a shower or workout – little things like that! If you have allergies and really can’t kick the habit of eye rubbing, lash extensions might not be for you.
Feeling a bit apprehensive about trying this beauty treatment? We’ve helped you answer the question that eyelash extensions are good or bad. Please take note all about this lash trend before heading to a lash studio.
THE BOTTOM LINE
Now that you have discovered the pros and cons of eyelash extensions, we hope you can be fully prepared for this lash enhancement service. No need to emphasize the importance of getting your lashes treated at a top-notch beauty salon which is a clean, established place, ensures hygienic performance and high-quality products. Due to the sensitive nature of eyelashes and the surrounding area, finding someone who is certified to apply the lashes is definitely a must. It’s important to have a skilled, properly-trained cosmetologist attach your extensions. A licensed and experienced lash tech won’t let an infection occur (but if you’re allergic to the glue, you’re still going to be allergic). Remember this: extensions are not low-maintenance. Keeping up with your eyelash refill appointments is a must. We recommend the touch-ups should be made every three weeks and be performed by the lash expert, in case you ask us “how often should I get eyelash refills”. If you wait too long your extensions will fall out, which leads to a situation where you have to require a new, full set.
Good news that most nail salons in your city offer professional eyelash services of your choice, do your research and find a good spot for you. We highly recommend looking at before-and-after photos, and reading the reviews of those places. Our professionals at Modern Nail Spa | nail salon Glendora CA 91741 will make you look best!